Ike Atkinson was a US Army master sergeant and convicted drug trafficker, believed to have been a major figure in smuggling heroin into the United States from Southeast Asia from about 1968 to 1975. Atkinson would go so far to dominate the drug trade, he would be dubbed by the DEA as Sergeant Smack.
The Cadaver Connection
It was rumored Atkinson transported the drugs in the coffins of dead US soldiers. This was brazen means of smuggling was known as the Cadaver Connection.
- Countless US citizens
- US soldiers killed in action
Fraud, forgery and money laundering was also how Atkinson ran is criminal enterprise.
- 01. https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Ike_Atkinson
- 02. https://www.britannica.com/event/Vietnam-War
- 03. https://www.businessinsider.com/how-drug-dealers-used-the-us-military-to-smuggle-heroin-2018-3
- 04. http://michiganintheworld.history.lsa.umich.edu/antivietnamwar/exhibits/show/exhibit/draft_protests/the-military-draft-during-the-
- 05. https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32307226.pdf
- 06. https://www.kickmag.net/2010/05/03/former-drug-kingpin-ike-atkinson-challenges-american-gangster-frank-lucas-with-release-of-new-book-sergeant-smack/
- 07. https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Ike_Atkinson
- 08. Sergeant Smack: The Legendary Lives and Times of Ike Atkinson, Kingpin, and His Band of Brothers